messageLOUD recommends Google TTS (Text To Speech) engine which supports: Cantonese, Dutch, English (India), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), French, German, Hindi, Italian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (United States), Thai and Turkish. To change your language, go to Settings > Language & Input > Text-to-speech output. Select Google Text-to-speech Engine as your preferred engine. Click on the gear icon. Click on install voice data. Choose your preferred language. Download your choice of voice. Click back to get to Language. Click on Language and choose the voice you just downloaded. You are all set!
Articles in this section
- Why does messageLOUD not offer Voice To Text?
- Can I adjust the speed at which the messages are read out loud?
- Can I adjust the voice that reads my messages out loud?
- Can I download and use a ‘voice’ (Text to speech engine) that is not provided by Google?
- Can I use messageLOUD when my phone is locked?
- Can I use messageLOUD while my music or navigation is on?
- Can messageLOUD pause if I get an incoming call?
- Can messageLOUD pause when my navigation is speaking?
- How do I operate the messageLOUD overlays/run messageLOUD in the background?
- How do I place my phone in my car safe and securely?